Tips to control Vehicle Pollution
|A well-maintained vehicle
not only pollutes less but also gives better fuel mileage. While servicing
the vehicle ask your workshop to pay attention to the following for
better maintenance and lower pollution levels from your petrol driven
- Proper tuning of the carburetor and lean mixture setting.
- Regular cleaning of the air filter.
- Regular checking of the ignition system with special attention
to spark plug, plug gap, ignition coil, condenser, leads ignition
timing & battery voltage.
- Proper Valve tappet clearance.
- Steering and wheel alignment.
- Tyre pressure and tyre wear etc.
- Always go to a trained mechanic for servicing your vehicles
Do’s and Don’ts
- After the vehicle has been parked / unused for a long time (three
to four weeks) the engine might require tuning.
- Switch off the engine for stops of more than two minutes.
- At high speeds fuel consumption and exhaust pollution increases.
- Do not press the accelerator more than necessary.
- Do not use the choke unless absolutely necessary and also do
not drive with your foot on the clutch.