Good Afternoon Guest

P.U.C. Certificate - FAQ

It is mandatory for every vehicle owner to carry a valid Pollution Under Control (PUC) Certificate and maintain the vehicle with in prescribed emission norms.

Q. What is the penalty for not having the pollution certificate?

Ans. A vehicle, found to be not in possession of a valid PUC Certificate is liable to be prosecuted under Section 190(2) of the Motor Vehicles Act. A penalty of Rs.1000/- for first offence and Rs.2000/- for every subsequent offence of violation has been provided.

Q. Where should I get my pollution level checked and adjusted?

Ans. Computerised facilities for checking of pollution levels and issue of PUC Certificates (to vehicles meeting emission standards) are available at many petrol pumps/workshops. These authorised Pollution Checking Centres are spread all over Goa. At present, ???? Centres for petrol driven vehicles and ????? Centres for the diesel driven vehicles are functioning. Theses centres issue Pollution Under Control Certificates (PUC) if the vehicle is found meeting prescribed emission norms. In case the vehicle is found polluting beyond prescribed norms, necessary repairs/ tuning in the vehicle would be required.

Q. What are the fees for pollution checking?

Ans. Following fees for pollution checking and minor rectifications have been fixed by the Government:-

Petrol / CNG / LPG vehicle Rs.25
Diesel vehicle Rs.50
Minor adjustment (Carbureted petrol vehicles only) Rs.5

Q. What happens if my vehicle is found polluting although I am carrying a valid PUC certificate?

Ans. The PUC Certificate of your vehicle shall be cancelled and you will be directed (under Rule 116 of CMV Rules) to produce a fresh PUC Certificate within seven days. The failure to comply with this direction would result in prosecution under section 190(2) of the Motor Vehicles Act.

Q. What happens if my vehicle is not polluting but my PUC Certificate has expired or I do not have a PUC Certificate?

Ans. The offence of not having a PUC Certificate also attracts prosecution under section 190(2) of the Motor Vehicles Act.

Q. What should I do if I see any vehicle polluting?

Ans. You should report to Complaint Cell/Control Room at Tel No.????????????