Under what circumstances
your vehicle can be challaned ?
Enforcement agencies deploy its team for regulating,
monitoring, enforcing the Motor Vehicle Act.
You may be stopped by one of these teams. You may
be asked to produce the following documents in original :
- Driving licence
- Registration book of vehicle
- Insurance certificate
- Pollution under control certificate
- Permits (for commercial vehicles only)
- Certificate of fitness (for commercial vehicles
- Road Tax Receipt (for commercial vehicles only)
- If you are not carrying the above mentioned documents
or found violating any of the Traffic Rules/Regulations,you may
What happens when your vehicle is challaned?
i) What happens immediately ?
Prosecution slip/challan will be issued to you containing
the following details:
- Name and address of the court where the offence will be trialled.
- Details of offence committed.
- Date of trial
- Vehicle details
- Name and address of offender
- Name and signature of the challaning officer
- Details of documents retained
Besides this your document or your vehicle may also
be impounded or both depending on gravity of voilation.